Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The First of Many

Have I already mentioned how much I enjoy cooking? Baking, not so much, although I will do it sometimes. My heart belongs to cooking though. So, this is the first of many recipes I will share with you. I didn't want to make this a food blog, because there is so much more that I need to share with you than my recipes. But when I make something that I feel is worth sharing, I totally plan on it. I guess I should also mention that a little over two years ago, I stopped eating meat other than fish. I do still eat seafood, but other than that there is no meat in my diet. People who quit eating meat either gain weight because they replace meat with carbs, or they start losing weight because they are choosing to eat a healthier lifestyle by adding more fruits and veggies. Since I stopped eating meat and added more fruits and veggies, I have lost 40 pounds and kept it off. While I still have more to lose, I enjoy making new meatless entrees to aid me in my along the way. So a friend of mine told me about a flourless pizza crust. I tried it and loved it! Finished product:

So the crust is made up of cauliflower and cheese and an egg to hold it together. I blended fresh cauliflower in my amazing food processor/blender, The Ninja. It's a must for every kitchen. It might not look like much,

but I'm telling you that it works miracles! Funny story about my Ninja; there was a time in between moves that I moved back in with my parents for a few months. One night while I was there I just could not sleep, and I found myself up on their couch watching infomercials for a few hours. My mom heard me and got up and I made her watch the Ninja infomercial with me. A couple months later, Santa brought me the Ninja Christmas morning! I've used it multiple times ever since! So here's the deal:

2 cups of blended cauliflower
2 cups shredded Italian/pizza cheese
1 egg

Mix these ingredients and press into a pan of your choice. Bake it at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. I chose to let mine cool for 10 minutes before topping it, but that may have been totally unnecessary. Top your crust with your favorite toppings and put it back in the oven until cheese is slightly brown.

I LOVE PIZZA! I would maybe eat it twice a week if I could. I was not able to pick this pizza up and eat it by the slice. And reheating it in the microwave was not the best choice, but in the oven was just as good as fresh out of the oven the first time. Try it, tell me how much you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment