Sunday, October 21, 2012

Funk - And Not the Good Kind




I did exactly what I was afraid of doing when I created this blog. I went weeks without posting. Work has been busy, and life was crazy for a while. Next weekend, me and my sister Jenna are participating in the YMCA Fall Festival in Irving. We will have a booth set up where we will sell our homemade spicy pickles and candied jalapenos. We attempted to make spicy pickles for the first time last year and people really enjoyed them. That's when we decided to continue making and selling them. We don't make a big profit on them now, but maybe one day we will! Because of this festival, we have been pickle and jalapeno making fools lately! It consumes most of our weekend. We do plan on taking a break next weekend, the weekend of the festival, and then we'll have to make what we can for the holidays! Here's an idea of how this works...






It's a long, smelly process, but we've gotten so much quicker than we were when we began, and you kind of get used to the smell :) 

I also had my 10 year high school reunion a couple weekends ago. I had very mixed emotions about this. While I was excited to see some people that I had not seen since high school, there were also some people I could care less to see. I am still very close to alot of people I graduated with. And social media has sort of filled the void of missing people. People that I still care to see and live close enough, I see often. The ones that live far away, I keep up with on Facebook. My attitude towards the reunion changed dramatically while I was there. It was great seeing everyone. (Even the ones that I sort of cringed when they walked in.) So, I'm glad I went. I'm glad it's over, but it was a fun weekend! 

Oh, and I got a new car! It's a Jeep Patriot. I love it... I'll post a pic later. 

Like I said, I've been busy, which means I haven't had time to acknowledge this funk I've been in. Well, it tackled me this morning. I broke down and suddenly was crying for "no reason" at all. I don't mean a tear came out that I could wipe away with my finger. I was boo-hooing and sobbing and couldn't keep up with catching the tears with a Kleenex. The worst part about that kind of cry is how hard it is to stop. Even after I told myself that it's ok that I don't know what is bringing on this emotion and we will sit down and figure it out later (cause now is not the time) I just could not quit. Sometimes you just need to cry. I don't know why, but somehow it makes you feel better. I have a running list of things in my mind that contributed to me feeling so crummy today, but I think that's where they should stay. In my head for me to figure out. 

Today is not turning out at all like I had planned it. I had a to-do list written for this weekend about a mile long. I would say 1/3 of it was done before today, and I planned on doing most of the rest today. Plans changed, and I am on my way to a training with Jenna. It will be encouragement for both me and Jenna, so although I had not planned it, I am glad to be going. The training will last all day. As soon as I'm finished, I have to go to my other sister's house to watch my niece and nephew while my sister works and my brother-in-law plays softball. Again, I had not planned on doing this, but for some reason am not able to say no. I guess my to-do list can wait... It'll still be a great day! The sun in shining and I'm ready to be in it! 

I totally plan on not waiting so long to post again! (Notice I didn't promise :)) Hopefully next time this funky attitude will have changed to fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, you just need a good cry! I love you and hope you get some rest. That always seems to help me.

    ReplyDelete